The Dream of an Entrepreneur dies in a Corporation

Entrepreneur mindset

This world we live in is driven by businesses.  Besides the power which is held by states,  we have the corporations which run our insignificant lives. They make our phones, our cleaning products, make-up, food, Internet, everything.  Yet, these need people to work for them, a lot of people.

On the other side, there are the teens with the entrepreneur mindset. Teens who want to have an impact in society.  They who want a change for the better.  Young people with inspiration, drive, ambition, passion and  determination.  We could call them The Resistance *wink, wink*.

Well, these two sides are not in a fight, they cannot compare to each other, they do not compete. The big corporations are "The Big Fish in the Ocean" and the entrepreneurs are "The Big Fish in their Aquarium".  But not this is my idea.  My focus is not on the already entrepreneurs, it is on those with entrepreneur mindset.  They are fresh and teen. It's hard for them to go into the world of corporations.

WHY?

Because Corporations burn out of you every drop of your vision about bringing a change.

Let me tell you a story.

I am a 20 y.o.  and I consider I have this entrepreneur mindset. Why? Because I have this vision. I have business ideas, I  want to bring a change little by little.  Since when I began high school,  I've had a tight relationship with volunteering. I still do.  And now, I study emotional intelligence, teams and organizations.  This is not what I really want. I do this to share my knowledge with other students who could use this information for the better.

With all these in mind, I got hired this summer in a Corporation for the first time. I was kind of excited. Everyone was nice, people were cool,  everything was great. The  CEO was himself an awesome guy. From my "expertize" analyzing the company, there was nothing wrong. And I still think the company is awesome as an environment and employee engagement. Yet, not for me.

I worked there for  2 months. I couldn't resist anymore. All things considered, it was my fault, not theirs.  After almost 1 month I began feeling ill of this 9 to 5 job where I get my tasks for the day done in about 3 hours and then, I have nothing to do the rest of the day. Couldn't sleep, couldn't go for a walk couldn't do anything.  Just watch YouTube and research some things. Not that this would be bad.  The bad thing was that I had to get up early in the morning everyday. I don't want to sound like a spoiled guy. I  sleep best in the morning. That's how I programmed myself. I know the saying "those 5 AMs will make you a legend" I see all over the entrepreneur Instagram pages and stuff. The truth is I have to wake up early pretty often to get the job done in the NGO I take a part in and in my activities as a volunteer. But it's different.

What's the difference?

Well,  at the job I sat there on the chair not doing anything important. When I go to a meeting or an event or something for the NGO, I do it with pleasure. There I have an impact. There I play a  more or less crucial role in the personal and professional development of students. This motivates me to work for even 16h a day without getting paid.  While at the job, having a nice salary was good for my living, but the job was not fulfilling.  I was pulling the soul out of me little by little.  I was always tired, yet not because of the sleeping schedule, but by the Corporation world schedule. It was killing me. And this is linked to my values.

Conclusion

Entrepreneurs are great humans. they can work a lot and under a lot of stress with little pauses. But they can't work in a corporation. Not because of the work volume or the 9 to 5 program but because they won't feel like bringing an impact.  Their dream of changing the world would die.

So go out there, risk your time, your money,  put your skills on the table and bring a change; have an impact if you think you have the values of an entrepreneur and the entrepreneur mindset.

Comments

Popular Posts

How to have more time in this system?

What makes humans unique?

Why You Want an AI Copy of Your Conciousnes